Brett,

not sure if I understood you correctly but this seems easily solved byt
clearing the float with your navigation bar. If I read this right - you are
talking about 2 different lists? One to be positioned next to the image, the
other (navigation bar) to sit below image and list?

in that case:

   1. image floated left
   2. your <ul> (following the image in the HTML) will be positioned right,
   next to the image
   3. the navigation bar's <ul> then needs to be given 'clear: left' in the
   CSS in order to sit below both the image and first list

Hope this helps - and sorry if I misunderstood ;)

Prisca
On Mon, Feb 16, 2009 at 6:25 PM, Brett Patterson <
inspiron.patters...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Will a div tag pick up the height of an image that is floated left? I have
> an image that is floated to the left and an unordered list that I am trying
> to get to move to the right side of an image, in a horizontal layout...the
> unordered list (navigation bar) is also in a horizontal line position. I
> need the navigation to align to the bottom of the image...the image's height
> is 100px, and the width is 200px...how would I accomplish this?
>
> --
> Brett P.

• graphiceyedea.co.uk • eyedea.eu • eyelearn.org •