On Mon, Feb 23, 2009 at 2:18 PM, Brett Patterson <
inspiron.patters...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Note the space in the second paragraph class attribute...from what I have
> heard this allows multiple classes to be applied to a single element. Is
> there a downfall to applying multiple classes to an element, like the one
> above? How does it affect UAs?

There are no negative effects to applying multiple classes to a single
element. The only problem is when you try to style an element that matches
two (or more) classnames, e.g.:

#content .primary.highlighted {
    background: #ff0;
}

That will work in Firefox/Safari, and apply the rule to any element with
both the "primary" and "highlighted" classes; but in IE6 it doesn't work, it
will just see it as .highlighted.

- Matthew