From: li...@webstandardsgroup.org [mailto:li...@webstandardsgroup.org] On
Behalf Of designer
Sent: Wednesday, March 25, 2009 2:03 PM
To: wsg@webstandardsgroup.org
Subject: Re: [WSG] add to favorites?

My justification for wanting to do this is simple, and in my eyes, very
sensible.  However, it will no doubt cause ructions amongst the evangelists.

I want to use frames.  Frames, contrary to popular myth, are not an
accessibility nightmare. The simple 2-frame frameset I have made validates
perfectly, and passes the WCAG priority 3 test. We could argue about 'best
practice' but that's not what we are here for.  My thinking on this is that
I've put a red 'home' link to the frameset on the top of every page that
appears in the main frame, so that if I could 'add to favorites' the same
way, a user can save the page and return to it later AND get back to the
main frameset with one click.  Hence, one of the valid criticisms of using
frames is shot dead.

Bob
www.gwelanmor-internet.co.uk