  From: Caleb Wong
  To: wsg@webstandardsgroup.org
  Sent: Wednesday, April 15, 2009 10:51 AM
  Subject: [WSG] SEO and headers order

  Hi,

  I have a SEO question regarding how search engines scans a website. Say for
example if I have a site where it has a 3 column layout.
  Column left and column right appears before the middle column area, and
within column left, right there are h2, h3 tags; within the middle column there
is a h1 tag.

  The source code goes something like this...
  <column_right>
     <h2>
  </column_right>
  <column_left>
     <h2>
  </column_left>
  <column_middle>
     <h1>
  </column_middle>

  So would search engines pick up on the h1 header that appears at the bottom
of the page, or picks up on the first header (regardless its weight) it sees.

  Cheers
  Caleb