The following reply is from a forum where the problem was posted:

"After not being able to get this out of my head, I reproduced the page and put it up here;

http://six03.com/lab/guardian

After validating the page and placing the scripts in one js folder, it works. I think it was either the double quote at the end of the div (an error fixed by validating the page), the scripts not being current Question or the validation part, it appears to be okay now.

I'll have to pinpoint the problem and see what was up.

EDIT:

I think it is a problem with the scripts. they're not all there (see source code for scripts) One even points to a 404. The invalid code makes no difference."