2009/7/2 Dennis Lapcewich <dlapcew...@fs.fed.us>:

> If you are unsure that web accessibility should play a role, take this test.
>  In a group of people have everyone stand up.  Those who are unable to stand
> may remain seated.  Now pose these three requests, in order:
>
> 1)  If you are wear glasses, contacts and/or have had corrective eye
> surgery, please sit down.
> 2)  Of those who remain standing, if you know for a fact you are
> color-blind, please sit down.
> 3)  Of those who now remain standing, everyone aged 35-40 or more, please
> sit down.
>
> Those who are left standing have little to no "immediate" need for web
> accessibility, but they will in time.  Of those who sat down, while many
> (most?) may not meet a legal definition as being "disabled,"  for all
> intents and purposes they are web disabled and are in immediate need of web
> accessibility.

While I agree with your general sentiment, I have to say I find the
assertion that all people aged 35-40 or more are "for all intents and
purposes [...] web disabled and [...] in immediate need of web
accessibility" questionable, to say the least.

I'd be careful of overstating the case like this, as it can undermine
the whole argument.