On Tue, 18 Aug 2009, James Jeffery wrote:

> Zooming is present on the majority of modern browsers, so where does this
> leave elastic layouts, and em's? Should we still develop sites that grow
> should the user want to increase the text size? Even though it's the lower
> browsers that do that?

    Users don't want to change the type size; they set it at their
    preferred size and want to leave it there.

    Having to change it for different sites is a PITA!

    A well-designed site will work no matter what the user's font size
    (within a very wide range).

--
   Chris F.A. Johnson, webmaster         <http://woodbine-gerrard.com>