Geez, it's been a while since I've used Dreamweaver ... but I think I had
this problem once. Not sure if it was with DW or some other HTML editor but
there was some setting whereby the editor went through and "cleaned up" my
code upon save ... so it's not your server, it's your HTML editor thinking
it's helping you out.

I'd have no idea where the setting is though ... sorry.

Nathanael Boehm
Canberra, Australia
http://www.purecaffeine.com/about/
0409 288 464