h1 tags are very important to the seo on each of your pages. If you think about the theme of each page is your logo really one of the most important elements on the page (according to the visitor and also to the search engines). I personally advise not using h1 for logos. Each page on your site should have a clear theme - i.e focus on one area and as such this should lead you to having just 1 H1 tag with your keyword for that page in it. You can have more than 1 h1 tag but I would carefully consider why?

Cheers
Adam

c...@fagandesign.com.au wrote:

Hi all, have come across something that I'm sure has come up before...

Have created a new site with the logo wrapped in a H1 tag.

The title of each page is also a H1.

Just got word back from an outsourced SEO expert who says it's probably better if there was only one H1 on each page.

Does anyone know of any online resources backing up this theory?

I don't think it's a huge SEO concern at all but the signature on my return email doesn't have "SEO expert" on it.

Many thanks.

Christian Fagan
Fagan Design
fagandesign.com.au