From: li...@webstandardsgroup.org [mailto:li...@webstandardsgroup.org] On
Behalf Of Yuval Ararat
Sent: 16 October 2009 13:11
To: wsg@webstandardsgroup.org
Subject: Re: More than one H1? (was [WSG] Out of Office AutoReply: WSG
Digest)

I am not sure that a page with multiple important subject does not exist. so
IA wise and semantic wise this is not a must. google wise it is.

On Fri, Oct 16, 2009 at 10:55 PM, Jason Grant <ja...@flexewebs.com> wrote:

Tim,

Well done for reading the spec - it's always a must.

However, Google came after the HTML4.01 spec and what Google wants we give
it - so the 'only one H1 per page' guideline comes from SEO best practices
as well as general semantics and IA best practices.

So the spec does not tell you to use one H1 per page, but the spec is not
the be all and end all of guidelines.

Thanks,

Jason