(Posted on behalf of the AGIMO Web Publishing Guide Team)

As part of the ongoing review of the Australian Government Web
Publishing Guide, the Australian Government Information Management
Office (AGIMO) has recently launched their first externally-facing blog
at:

http://wpgblog.agimo.gov.au

The Web Publishing Guide Blog has a few purposes:

1. The blog will be used to consult with users of the Web Publishing
Guide and understand their needs. This will be useful input as we review
and update the Guide.

2. The blog will provide a practical example of an operating government
blog, with working approaches for managing moderation, terms of use and
other issues. We hope this will be useful for agencies that are
considering using blogs to support their own work.

3. The blog will "open up" the redevelopment of the Web Publishing
Guide, and allow people to read and comment on the range of website
design and maintenance issues that we will consider as we review and
update the Guide. This might include topics like accessibility, content
management, governance or usability.

The project blog will operate for at least as long as the project to
review and redevelop the Web Publishing Guide. The review team expects
to be posting approximately once a week during development, and, where
necessary, will respond to comments during business hours as soon as
they are able.

Expect more posts to appear on a regular basis over the next couple of
months - to stay informed on updates, subscribe to the blog's RSS feed
at http://wpgblog.agimo.gov.au/feed/ .

We hope to hear from you via our comments section soon.

Regards,

The Web Publishing Guide Team
http://webpublishing.agimo.gov.au

________________________________

Finance Australian Business Number (ABN):   61 970 632 495
Finance Web Site:   www.finance.gov.au

IMPORTANT:

This transmission is intended only for the use of the addressee and may contain
confidential or legally privileged information. If you are not the intended
recipient, you are notified that any use or dissemination of this communication
is strictly prohibited.
If you have received this transmission in error, please notify us immediately
by telephone on 61-2-6215-2222 and delete all copies of this transmission
together with any attachments.
If responding to this email, please send to the appropriate person using the
suffix .gov.au.