If you want to style selects best bet is to use one of the customised select
jQuery plugins available.

In my experience they're a bit nasty and can cause all sorts of problems not
least of all performance because they replace the select with a bunch of
divs and spans or lists and then have to simulate all the behaviour of a
native select ... but if you *need* to have it styled to that extent then I
suggest you look into them.

Cheers,

Nathanael Boehm

Freelance web user interaction designer

UX · IxD · UI design · Prototyping · HTML · CSS · JS · Usability ·
Accessibility · Social media · Tech training

Imagine Innovation · KATA Professional · UXnet Canberra · OpenAustralia ·
BarCampCanberra

Australian Social Innovation eXchange (ASIX) Canberra

www.purecaffeine.com <http://www.purecaffeine.com/about/>

Canberra, Australia

0409 288 464

Latest blog post: Social experience design in online
conversation<http://bit.ly/1EOfHz>

RSVP <http://bit.ly/1jzs3W> for Canberra Freelancers and Entrepreneurs
Coffee, 23 November
RSVP <http://bit.ly/2mUakd> for Canberra ASIX solution design and