Hi

I have a question on Expandable menus. I am working on a rather large
site, which html and CSS were delivered along with some minimal
jquery.  Our task is to put a Vignette CMS behind it and am working
with Vignette Developers.

There is a vertical left-hand navigation the only the CSS was
delivered. The Vignette Developer wants a javascript expandable and
collapse menu so when he adds the Vignette portlets, it will
automatically expand and contract at will. It also needs to be 508
compliant.

He would like to use an accordion collapsible menu which he has, but I
wanted to try to find an expandable/collapsible menu.

I found
http://www.456bereastreet.com/archive/200705/accessible_expanding_and_collapsing_menu/
but this one needs to onclick to expand and another onclick to
contract.  He needs it to automatically contract when the focus is
removed.  It uses a toggle. I am not strong enough in JS to make
adjustments.

Any suggestions?  Has anyone used an accordion expandable menu for the
left hand navigation?

Thank you in advance

Nancy Johnson