Kristine ::

I wouldn't worry about the drop down menus too much. Works well in Firefox. You 
have to expect some incompatibility when using javascript driven menus. However 
if you have some expertise at CSS there are many interesting menu possibilities 
@ Stu Nicholls CSS Play site.

Chris :: I don't agree that the titles are useless. They are used correctly but 
are not necessarily visually attractive in their application.

WEBSITES: THE EMPTY HEAD at: emptyhead.rumble.sy2.com RUMBLE at: rumble.sy2.com 
THE MICRO FICTION MINI SITE at: microfiction.rumble.sy2.com
 ETHEREAL CODE at:  etherealcode.blogspot.com

--- On Fri, 12/18/09, wsg@webstandardsgroup.org <wsg@webstandardsgroup.org> 
wrote:

From: wsg@webstandardsgroup.org <wsg@webstandardsgroup.org>
Subject: WSG Digest
To: wsg@webstandardsgroup.org
Date: Friday, December 18, 2009, 10:09 AM

*********************************************************************
WEB STANDARDS GROUP MAIL LIST DIGEST
*********************************************************************


From: "Stuart Foulstone" <stu...@bigeasyweb.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 17 Dec 2009 20:07:53 -0000
Subject: Re: [WSG] Using CSS to select a tag having an ID attribute: page  
served as application/xhtml+xml


It might be that xml requires lowercase only and that the problem is the
"H" in the id "div_Heading".


On Thu, December 17, 2009 8:41 am, Grant Bailey wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I've recently started serving my web pages as xml pages using the MIME
> type application/xhtml+xml rather than text/css as previously. This
> works fine as my pages were already xhtml compliant, with one exception:
> my external CSS stylesheets are no longer honoured by any browser to the
> extent that they select ID attributes.
>
> For example:
>
> [XHTML]
> <div id="div_Heading">
>   <h1>Survival: the basics</h1>
> </div>
>
> [CSS]
> #div_Heading {
> border: thin black solid;
> }
>
> If I serve my page as text/css the border appears as expected but when
> the page is served as application/xhtml+xml, no border is visible. There
> is only one ID named div_Heading in the document and the document itself
> validates.
>
> Could someone please advise me what might be going wrong as I have been
> unable to find anything of assistance on the web or in the WSG forums.
>
> Many thanks and regards,
>
> Grant Bailey
>
>
>
>
> *******************************************************************
> List Guidelines: http://webstandardsgroup.org/mail/guidelines.cfm
> Unsubscribe: http://webstandardsgroup.org/join/unsubscribe.cfm
> Help: memberh...@webstandardsgroup.org
> *******************************************************************
>
>



*********************************************************************
From: Lucien Stals <ned...@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 18 Dec 2009 08:54:15 +1100
Subject: Re: [WSG] Using CSS to select a tag having an ID attribute: page  
served as application/xhtml+xml

I don't kow the answer to this question but I just wanted to clarify 
that XML *does not* require "lowercase only".
XML *is* case sensitive so that in XML <p></P> would not be valid, but 
<p></p> and <P></P> are.

On 18/12/2009, at 7:07 AM, Stuart Foulstone wrote:

> 
> It might be that xml requires lowercase only and that the problem is 
the
> "H" in the id "div Heading".
> 
> 
> On Thu, December 17, 2009 8:41 am, Grant Bailey wrote:
>> Hello,
>> 
>> I've recently started serving my web pages as xml pages using the 
MIME
>> type application/xhtml+xml rather than text/css as previously. This
>> works fine as my pages were already xhtml compliant, with one 
exception:
>> my external CSS stylesheets are no longer honoured by any browser to 
the
>> extent that they select ID attributes.
>> 
>> For example:
>> 
>> [XHTML]
>> <div id="div Heading">
>>  <h1>Survival: the basics</h1>
>> </div>
>> 
>> [CSS]
>> #div Heading {
>> border: thin black solid;
>> }
>> 
>> If I serve my page as text/css the border appears as expected but 
when
>> the page is served as application/xhtml+xml, no border is visible. 
There
>> is only one ID named div Heading in the document and the document 
itself
>> validates.
>> 
>> Could someone please advise me what might be going wrong as I have 
been
>> unable to find anything of assistance on the web or in the WSG 
forums.
>> 
>> Many thanks and regards,
>> 
>> Grant Bailey
>> 
>> 
>> 
>> 
>> *******************************************************************
>> List Guidelines: http://webstandardsgroup.org/mail/guidelines.cfm
>> Unsubscribe: http://webstandardsgroup.org/join/unsubscribe.cfm
>> Help: memberh...@webstandardsgroup.org
>> *******************************************************************
>> 
>> 
> 
> 
> 
> 
> *******************************************************************
> List Guidelines: http://webstandardsgroup.org/mail/guidelines.cfm
> Unsubscribe: http://webstandardsgroup.org/join/unsubscribe.cfm
> Help: memberh...@webstandardsgroup.org
> *******************************************************************
> 



*********************************************************************
From: Kristine Cummins <des...@kristinecummins.com>
Date: Fri, 18 Dec 2009 02:00:48 -0800
Subject: Dropdown Menu disappears after 2nd or 3rd links down

Hi all,

When hovering about the 2nd or 3rd links down in the dropdown, it disappears
instead of allowing the user to scroll the entire list of links. The issue
is in Safari and seems to work fine in IE and Firefox

Menu / Web page: http://www.artscouncilnapavalley.org/test/index.shtml

CSS: http://www.artscouncilnapavalley.org/test/menu.css

The dropdown css is towards the bottom of the file.

Any help greatly appreciated!

Kristine


*********************************************************************
From: tgullik...@ameritas.com
Date: Fri, 18 Dec 2009 05:01:55 -0600
Subject: Tracy Gulliksen/ALIC is out of the office.


I will be out of the office starting  12/18/2009 and will not return until
12/22/2009.

I will respond to your message when I return.  Thanks!!!
*******
This message may contain confidential information intended only
for the use of the addressee(s) named above and may contain
information that is legally privileged. If you are not the
addressee, or the person responsible for delivering it to the
addressee, you are hereby notified that reading, disseminating,
distributing or copying this message is strictly prohibited.  If you
have received this message by mistake, please immediately notify
us by replying to the message and delete the original message
immediately thereafter.  Thank you.
*******



*********************************************************************
From: "Chris F.A. Johnson" <ch...@cfajohnson.com>
Date: Fri, 18 Dec 2009 09:13:05 -0500 (EST)
Subject: Re: [WSG] Dropdown Menu disappears after 2nd or 3rd links down

On Fri, 18 Dec 2009, Kristine Cummins wrote:

> Hi all,
> 
> When hovering about the 2nd or 3rd links down in the dropdown, it disappears
> instead of allowing the user to scroll the entire list of links. The issue
> is in Safari and seems to work fine in IE and Firefox
> 
> Menu / Web page: http://www.artscouncilnapavalley.org/test/index.shtml

    Unless I move fast, the entire drop-down menu disappears before I
    can reach the first item. (Drop-down menus are not good for
    usability.)

    The tabs have useless title attributes; they just repeat the text
    in the tab.


> CSS: http://www.artscouncilnapavalley.org/test/menu.css
> 
> The dropdown css is towards the bottom of the file.

-- 
   Chris F.A. Johnson, webmaster         <http://woodbine-gerrard.com>
   ===================================================================
   Author:
   Shell Scripting Recipes: A Problem-Solution Approach (2005, Apress)
   Pro Bash Programming: Scripting the GNU/Linux Shell (2009, Apress)

**************************************************************
Guidelines: http://webstandardsgroup.org/mail/guidelines.cfm
Unsubscribe: http://webstandardsgroup.org/join/unsubscribe.cfm
Help: memberh...@webstandardsgroup.org
**************************************************************





      

*******************************************************************
List Guidelines: http://webstandardsgroup.org/mail/guidelines.cfm
Unsubscribe: http://webstandardsgroup.org/join/unsubscribe.cfm
Help: memberh...@webstandardsgroup.org
*******************************************************************

Reply via email to