Accessibility does matter, but I do think that many people on this list do get too close to the "accessibility at all cost" point of view.

Lets take the example of google finance http://www.google.com/finance?q=gbpaud quite a cool site using flash and js to navigate quite a large amount of data (make sure you expand the slider at the bottom of the flash graph to change the time scale and see how the list of news articles on the right changes). How could this site be modified to be meaningfully controlled by using the keyboard alone? I would be very interested to hear people's opinions on the following points:

• is this site accessible? and if not, please give real examples of saying how it is hard for people with disabilities to use • how could you make it more accessible without introducing a huge amount of extra work for the developers and without having an adverse effect for non-disabled users?

Whilst I think there are some silly impenetrable sites on the internet, I don't think web developers should really be that concerned with accessibility - not because it isn't worth it, but because we have hardly any power over what the user sees. The real people that should be concentrating on accessibility are people working on creating browsers and operating systems because they can really do something about it.

Andy

--
a...@universalsprout.com

Andrew Stewart