For your named anchor tags ("<a name="Marvin"></a>, they don't have to
be inside 'p' tags. They *do* need to be inside a block-level element,
but they are already inside the 'main_content' div, so you should be
fine for validation.

Ethically, you probably should make your page more accessible to
people with disabilities (vision impaired/blind users, non-mouse users
etc). Consider the use of access keys, skip navigation links, title
attributes on anchors etc. Luckily, your site's simplicity means it's
more accessible than a lot of other sites already!!! :)

Good luck!

Karl