Nedlud wrote:

> Hi people,
>
> I see that the Australian government has required all government
> agency web sites to be WCAG  2.0 compliant by 2015.
>
> http://webpublishing.agimo.gov.au/Accessibility
>
> I work for a non profit organisation that receives government funding, but >
> I am unaware of our legal obligation to accessibility. Obviously we have a >
> moral obligation, but I'd like to be able to see some legal guidelines.
>
> Any pointers?

Try  http://www.hreoc.gov.au/disability_rights/standards/www_3/www_3.html which
governs all sites - government, commercial and private.

The simple answer is that you aren't going to go to jail for creating an
inaccessible site, but that if someone makes a complaint you may be required to
fix it.

Kerry
(responsible for Web Standards with the ACT Government)

This email, and any attachments, may be confidential and also privileged. If
you are not the intended recipient, please notify the sender and delete all
copies of this transmission along with any attachments immediately. You should
not copy or use it for any purpose, nor disclose its contents to any other
person.