From: wsg@webstandardsgroup.org <wsg@webstandardsgroup.org>
Subject: WSG Digest
To: wsg@webstandardsgroup.org

WEB STANDARDS GROUP MAIL LIST DIGEST

From: c...@fagandesign.com.au
Date: Thu, 04 Mar 2010 12:33:22 +1100
Subject: IE8 bug?

   Hi all,

   I have run in to what seems to be an IE8 bug - IE8 doesn't respond
to internal links (as in, same page links) on a demo site I'm working
on....yet IE6 and IE7 do!

eg.
<a id="top" name="top"></a>
<ul>
   <li>blah blah blah</li>
   <li>blah blah blah</li>
</ul>

   I tried Googling and looking back through old posts from WSG but
can't find anything....

Has anyone come across this issue before? (and better yet, come across
a fix??)

Regards,

Christian Fagan
Fagan Design