On Mar 29, 2010, at 12:51 AM, David Dorward wrote:

> On 29 Mar 2010, at 08:24, tee wrote:
>
>> You are saying W3C is wrong on the techniques for WCAG 2.0 for group radio
>> buttons?
>
> This is a good example of just how hard it is to write a "validator" for
> accessibility. Use tools for find potential problems, but don't compromise an
> accessibility and usability to pass a buggy automated test.

Hi David,

Can you be more precise as to who got it wrong? I am totally aware the
limitation of any validator, but in this case Total Validator flags it
(Associate labels properly with their controls), linking to W3C site's
techniques for WCAG 2.0. My gut is to trust the techniques provided by W3C than
the introduction to form in the same W3C.

I have been using WCAG20-TECHS for quite sometimes to keep up with WCAG 2.0,
therefore I really want to know if the articles written there can't be trusted
but to follow the HTML spec religiously.

Thanks!

tee