A student at a Web design course asked me how to include a common
heading on all his pages without copy and pasting into each. I walked
him through the process of making a Server-Side Include.

  http://webwiz.robinshosting.com/jaime/

This is a demo I made for him. The "view source" is named with a ".txt"
suffix, and sent as Content Type text/plain. But Internet Explorer,
alone among my browsers, insists on displaying the two files containing
HTML as if they were text/html.

Oddly, IE 7 will display the "included file" as intended on page
refresh. All other IE versions stubbornly refuse. Any ideas how to get
IE to play nice, please?

Thank you for your time.

Cordially,
David