On Apr 28, 2010, at 5:27 PM, Chris F.A. Johnson wrote:

>   In a Web standards group, validation is always an issue.

In a web standards group, validation is always an issue ONLY to those who are
not able to distinguish the difference of the errors.

>   If there are errors, how do you know that the browser's error
>   correction isn't causing the problem?

A good web developer who has real world practises experience and have worked on
different CMS system to know the possible glitches and codes generated by thrid
parties, and  who is able to distinguish what errors are needed to fix when a
page has rendering issue, and what are not. Do you think a web developer like
this wouldn't go through all possible cause before posting a thread for help?

Your intention is good, but next time please give a benefit of doubt and study
the errors as well as evaluate the markup of the page to get an idea what level
of knowledge a developer is in markup/web design before you tell him to fix the
markup errors.

Reminds me a joke I read, that a highway patrol went to Formula 1 racing event,
couldn't resist to issue a speeding ticket to the racer.

>   The errors are easy to fix, so why not do it?

Sure the errors are easy to fix if if I have access to the server. In this case
it's not and FYI, the problem existed in my pristine error free copy in my
local server.

On Apr 28, 2010, at 5:47 PM, David Laakso wrote:

> I am not sure but think you may have squelched the focus ring in Mac
> Safari/4.0.5.
> Prior to your fix the outine did not appear in the current WebKit nightly.
> And it still appears in Camino/2.0.2, Mac SeaMonket/2.0.4, and Mac
> Firefox/3.6.3.
> I did not check the page in a PC.
>
> Best,
> ~d

Hi David,
The problem only occurs in Safari, my version is 4.0.5.

http://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/1axT9f0cBACWDECQL2DgJQ?feat=directlink

To see the outline block, you need to place your mouse on the Link menu after
the accordion menu completely loaded.

I think the "focus ring" you are refering to is another one (in the above
screen shot, the links menu is outlined) that I am aware of and do not think
it's a bug.

tee