Hi Mike
Try being more specific ie td#menubar a;link{} as it is part of a table as used in main css
Cheers

Mike Kear wrote:
Thanks a lot for everyone who has shown interest in my little issue.
The problem is around the menubar at the top of this site.  They're in a
table cell that's specified as follows:

They are images with no rollover activity required.    The IE style sheet,
called uniquecelebrations_iehacks.css has the following:

#menubar a:link,
#menubar a:visited {
                text-decoration: none;
}
#menubar a:hover,
#menubar a:active {
        text-decoration: none;
        border: none;
        font-weight: normal;
}

I have checked that these rules do indeed select the button images in
question by putting a ridiculously large border in the hover/active rule,
and I have seen the border appear and disappear when the mouse rolls over
them.   So I know these rules select what I want them to.   What I don't
understand is why these rules don't override the text-decoration: underline
which is required elsewhere in the site.

There's a screenshot of what I'm talking about at
http://uniquecelebrations.com.au/screenshot.jpg.  In my system this problem
doesn't appear in Chrome or Firefox but does appear in IE7. http://uniquecelebrations.com.au/
Cheers
Mike Kear