From: li...@webstandardsgroup.org [mailto:li...@webstandardsgroup.org] On
Behalf Of nedlud
Sent: 04 June 2010 03:30
To: wsg
Subject: [WSG] Yes/No structure?

I have a web form I'm building and there is a simple yes/no question in it.
I got to wondering what the best semantic  mark up for this is? Does anyone
have any good UI/UX suggestions?

My three ideas were...

Two radio buttons for "yes" and "no"...

A single check box. A tick implies a "yes" answer while no tick implies "no"...
<input type="checkbox" name="ans" id="ans">

Or a selection list with a "yes" and a "no" answer...
<select name="ans" id="ans">
   <option value="yes">Yes</option>
   <option value="no">No</option>
</select>

Which is the preferred way? Or can you suggest a better way?

Lucien.