Hi Lucien,

> I have a web form I'm building and there is a simple yes/no question in
it.
> I got to wondering what the best semantic  mark up for this is? Does
anyone have any good UI/UX suggestions?

> My three ideas were...
>
> Two radio buttons for "yes" and "no"...
> <label for="ans-yes">Yes</label><input type="radio" name="ans"
id="ans-yes">

> A single check box. A tick implies a "yes" answer while no tick implies
"no"...
> <input type="checkbox" name="ans" id="ans">
>
> Or a selection list with a "yes" and a "no" answer...
> <select name="ans" id="ans">
>   <option value="yes">Yes</option>
>   <option value="no">No</option>
> </select>
>
> Which is the preferred way? Or can you suggest a better way?

I believe screen-readers in form mode do not speak anything besides legends,
labels, and controls. So I would not include information using paragraphs,
I'd try to move this into a label or a legend.

May be something like:

check box | label: I require an interpreter
select    | label: [proper wording here]

As John suggested, the next step is to address the whole i18n problem...

--
Regards,
Thierry