Ladies and Gentlemen,

Sorry this is off-topic, but I'm at my wits end. I want to get some nice
256x256(ish)  icons/clip art to use as small graphics to compliment short
entries on a notice board.  The subjects vary a lot and so I've decided to
attempt to make my own.

(you can see the actual page here :
http://www.rspcacornwall.org.uk/sections/noticeboard.html)

I've searched and searched in google for software which converts images to
icons (either standalone or photoshop plugins) but I am now completely dizzy
with the options available. I thought that some of you guys MUST do this and
have experience and hence recommendations? As is usually the case, there is a
lot of poor quality nonsense out there and I'm getting fed up with downloading
rubbish.

Do reply off-list if you feel that is appropriate.

Can anyone help, please?

Thanks in advance,

Bob