And I seem to recall that the old radios on which the metaphor is based could
be pushed half in. That would cause all buttons to pop out thus having *no*
selection. Not saying that as a justification for having no selection in a
radio group. Just pointing out that the metaphor wears a bit thin ;)

Lucien.