I've been working with he data generated by surveys, for quite a number of
years and tip that I can give that applies in example is that a boolean
question (aka Yes/No) is represented by 4 states, when asked in a web form,
i.e.

- no response was saved, eg form was served correctly, form was hacked to
submit without a value, etc
- form submitted, but no choice selected
- yes
- no

The solution is to use 3 radio buttons with one of them titled as
'unselected' and with that radio hidden from visibility. As a bonus, it is
also more 'accessible' than the 2-button case.

Mathew Robertson