I am involved in brochure-style websites but I would imagine "percentage of revenue" is very important metric for e-commerce sites, but people only ever seem to discuss visitors/page-views etc.

Thanks,

Andy

On 14 Jun 2010, at 22:45, Foskett, Mike wrote:

Sorry Andy,

Given the competitive nature that exists between the large UK retailers I feel professionally uncomfortable releasing such data.
That's why actual numbers were replaced with percentages.

Mike

From: li...@webstandardsgroup.org [mailto:li...@webstandardsgroup.org] On Behalf Of Andrew Stewart
Sent: 11 June 2010 13:16
To: wsg@webstandardsgroup.org
Subject: Re: [WSG] IE6 Finally Nearing Extinction [STATS]

Mike,

Thanks for this, whilst the sites I manage are pretty low-traffic, I too have been seeing IE6 traffic of about 10-15%.

By mentioning "shoppers" I guess you are running an e-commerce site. I would be very interested to know how your revenue is split across browsers. It seems that IE6 users are either in a corporate system using an XP standard operating environment or people using older computers who may be a bit out-of-date when it comes to technology. Would it be reasonable to assume that the second category probably don't spend much money online? - so maybe the percentage of revenue gained from IE6 users may be much lower that 10% ?

Thanks,

Andy