On Tue, 2010-08-24 at 09:09 -0400, David Laakso wrote:

> However, it would be a grave mistake to advocate not using  CSS, media
> queries, or Opera Mini for "low-end" handsets. Opera Mini has brought

I wasn't saying not to use css ... just don't *rely* on it rendering as
you expect on all mobile devices.

> the Web to these devices. And it is to the credit of Opera Software /
> Opera Mini that in some parts of the world the privilege of experiencing
> the Web is now possible for the first time...

I tried Opera Mini .. but only the most basic version can be installed
on my phone and (like every other java app I have ever tried on it) it
was very slow and clunky to use compared to the built-in browser. (this
is not Opera's fault. I guess the api available to java apps on some
such handsets is just too limited to do anything really useful with!)

on such handsets, people *are* going to be stuck with the inbuilt
browser.