Things are definitely better now than they once were in the world of browsers.

Sure, we have a number of IE's of varying inability to deal with plus a bunch of others.

Sure, we're constantly in a state of "it doesn't work on everything yet".

Sure, not one tool we use can be relied on 100% of the time.

But....

We finally have an environment where standards can flourish. Browser competition exists again. So much so that Microsft had no choice but to join in. This is good.

We have new toys like CSS3 that create enough excitement that browsers are scrambling to handle them.

While I've been continuously disappointed for the last decade on standards adoption etc, I remain optimistic that the future is bright.

Joseph R. B. Taylor
/Web Designer / Developer/
Sites by Joe, LLC
/"Clean, Simple and Elegant Web Design"/
Phone: (609) 335-3076
Web: http://sitesbyjoe.com
Email: j...@sitesbyjoe.com