On 10/29/10 12:05 PM, Thierry Koblentz wrote:
goes against the separation of the three layers

No it doesn't, it's purely presentational. No better or worse
than<li class="last">

imho, CCs have nothing to do with the presentational layer, they are
part of the structural layer and they are junk markup if you ask me
:)

In principle, I entirely agree. But this does not help me target IE6,
IE7, and IE8, each of which has its own needs for which I know no other
work-around. Yes, I can and do use underscore and star filters. But IE8???

Perhaps you know of a browser-safe filter for IE8? My source for CSS
filters is this Wikipedia page...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CSS_filters

Cordially,
David