From: li...@webstandardsgroup.org [mailto:li...@webstandardsgroup.org] On
Behalf Of Benjamin Hawkes-Lewis
Sent: 15 December 2010 11:47
To: wsg@webstandardsgroup.org
Subject: Re: [WSG] Order of Tags within <head> (XHTML)

On Wed, Dec 15, 2010 at 11:03 AM, Foskett, Mike
<mike.fosk...@uk.tesco.com> wrote:
> Referencing my own work seems pretty pointless but hey:
>
> http://www.websemantics.co.uk/resources/useful_css_snippets/

Not at all - thanks for the references. :)

> Headings:
>
>        IE refuses to copy or highlight content text

Right, in that case I have heard of this behavior for <base>:

http://www.456bereastreet.com/archive/200608/base_elements_cause_text_selection_problems_in_ie/

"base" parsing in IE6 is very idiosyncratic:

http://weblogs.asp.net/justin_rogers/pages/423843.aspx

I think you'll find this problem doesn't apply to other self-closing
elements, such as "link".

>        Un-styled content flashing up in IE.
>

> After reading, perhaps I could of worded the post a little better.

I guess - isn't the second topic an argument for ending with a "link"
as much as not?

--
Benjamin Hawkes-Lewis

This is a confidential email. Tesco may monitor and record all emails. The
views expressed in this email are those of the sender and not Tesco.

Tesco Stores Limited
Company Number: 519500
Registered in England
Registered Office: Tesco House, Delamare Road, Cheshunt, Hertfordshire EN8 9SL
VAT Registration Number: GB 220 4302 31