On Jan 9, 2011, at 11:42 AM, Goku San wrote:

> Hi,
>
>       Thanks for your responses! I added the, #nav .sub {position:
> relative;}, removed the {display:none;} from my CSS file and from the ASPX
> page. Still not getting a solution. The #nav .sub {position: relative;}
> helped because it positioned the child elements directly below the parent.
> However, it repeated the next child element in the group below the above
> child element, and the same for the next one, in a vertical formate. I don't
> need it to do that. I need it to display the whole group of child elements
> going across horizontally directly below the parent. So take the following as
> an example:
>
>               A       B       C
>       "1      2       3"
>
> User hovers over Parent A, Childs 1, 2, and 3 will display directly below A
> going across. I'm not good with Java. I believe this site and menu system
> does use some Java. I'm trying to stay away from it and achieve this
> functionality through the use of CSS.
>
> Anyway to make this possible?
>
> Thanks guys,
> Andy

In order to help you better, maybe you can setup a sample page by copying over
the menu (not just the first set) to a html page along with the script
(javascript isn't the same as java) and CSS?

There is pure CSS drop-down menu, but if you need to support IE browsers, a
javascript ones that controls the hover/mouseover/toggle behavior is  a better
option.

Superfish menu, which I know pretty well, is a reliable open source menu system
that works in all browsers including IE6, but there are many other options,
such as the two from Thierry. Superfish require extra jQuery script though.

tee