/"Clean, Simple and Elegant Web Design/
Web: http://sitesbyjoe.com
Email: http://j...@sitesbyjoe.com

On 1/18/11 8:21 AM, designer wrote:

    ----- Original Message -----
    *From:* David Laakso <mailto:da...@chelseacreekstudio.com>
    *To:* wsg@webstandardsgroup.org <mailto:wsg@webstandardsgroup.org>
    *Sent:* Tuesday, January 18, 2011 12:34 PM
    *Subject:* Re: [WSG] Lightbox++ and mobiles etc

    On 1/18/11 6:49 AM, designer wrote:
    I making an html5 site with a few galleries, each one being a
    grid of images 4 rows of three thumbnails.  Clicking the
    thumbnails provides a 600px wide image via lightbox++. The images
    are all 600px wide, but the heights are different.
    When it comes to making the galleries visible on a mobile phone I
    do not have a problem since I've made the structure elastic and
    the grid shrinks to 6 rows of 2 images. Fine.   BUT : clearly,
    the lightbox images simply do not fit on the small screen and I
    wondered if anyone has solved the problem of how to stop the
    lightbox working on small screens? Media queries?
    All suggestions welcome.
    Many thanks,
    Bob

    Try it the other way around: lay it out in mobile first?
    @media only screen and (max-width:480px),only screen and
    (max-device-width:480px) {...}

    Best,
    ~d

-- http://chelseacreekstudio.com/
    http://chelseacreekstudio.com/fa/

    Thanks David,
    I've done that, no problem. But for 'normal folk on larger
    screens' I want the lightbox to show the larger images. I don't
    want two sites . . .
    ??
    Bob