On Tue, 18 Jan 2011, E W wrote:

Hi Fellow Web Master Friends,

I'm creating a web page and need help with Named Anchor Links.

Problem: when clicking on a roll over that is linked to another a
web page using a Named Anchor in a specific area on the linked web
page, the browser jumps to the linked page but for a brief moment it
goes to the top of the web page and then down to the area where the
Named Anchor is located. I do not want it to go to the top of the
web page first. Instead I want it to just go to the Named Anchor
location. Also, this seems to be happening in Internet Explorer and
Firefox on PC but not on Firefox on Mac.

   In Firefox 3.6.13 on Linux it goes directly to the anchor.

   See other problems:
    <http://t.cfaj.ca/radcal1.jpg>
    <http://t.cfaj.ca/radcal2.jpg>

View the problem:
http://www.radcal.com/accugold-private2.html#sensoroptabs - click on
the each of the four tabs: Diode Dose Multisensors, Ion Chamber Dose
Sensors, Diode Dose Sensors and mA and mAs Sensors and see how the
links work from page to page.

I'm wondering if it has something to do with the Browsers Defaults
on where you land on a page when clicking on the links?

Your feedback and help is appreciated.

--
   Chris F.A. Johnson, <http://cfajohnson.com/>
   Author: