> Is it ok to nest <section> elements inside the <aside> element? Can't
> come up with anything about this scenario on Google...

Hi.

The section element represents a generic section of a document or application.
A section, in this context, is a thematic grouping of content, typically with a
heading.

The aside element represents a section of a page that consists of content that
is tangentially related to the content around the aside element, and which
could be considered separate from that content.

According to this you may nest section inside aside element, but is that ok,
that you have as many unrelated content on the page, that you want divide it to
different sections?
This make no sense to me.
Could we see the page, where you want to use section inside aside element? Or
jpg with design?
If you just need a wrapper — use div instead.

And from technical point of view — aside and section just block level elements.
You may use them how you want to.

All best regards. Imp.