Hi Martin

Certainly there is no report or structured analysis I've ever come across in that sense.

Myself (as a member of the W3C WCAG Working Group) and the group itself would be more than happy to assist you in formulating a response within our capacity (currently, debates over what consititues "web content" aside, our line is that if it is marked up according to the general and text Sufficient Techniques, then it certainly is as viable (desirable is another matter being a propriatary format, given we are technology agnostic) as txt or other formats. eg: speaking generally and a bit off the cuff, using structured headings, no images, no tables, no columns = likely no problem. As with any document, the more complex you make it, the harder conformance is to claim. RTF is a topic I am actively exploring with group members at the moment, so your email is certainly timely.

I'd also be happy to put you directly in touch with the Microsoft accessibility people who contribute to the group - they will be able to answer specific tech spec questions for you around the format.

Anyway - drop me a line off list and I'll be *more* than happy to get the dialogue started. I start a new role in around 10 days, and will be able to provide my new .gov.au address then - the address below will suffice until then (no point sending you my current .gov.au as I won't be in at work for much of this and next week due to conferences etc.

Cheers

Chris Beer
chris at e-beer dot net dot au