Thanks to those who responded to my request. I've combined my comments into
this reply to save on traffic.

Ø  From: li...@webstandardsgroup.org [mailto:li...@webstandardsgroup.org] On
Behalf Of Litchfield Sharon
Sent: Tuesday, 24 May 2011 3:18 PM

Ø  What about ...

Ø  Vision Australia: Accessible electronic documents
(http://www.visionaustralia.org/info.aspx?page=780)

Ø  Definitely NOT hearsay or folklore!

Thanks for the link, Sharon. But it is a bit folkloric, actually, in that it's
a simple assertion rather than a detailed explanation. The same result is
achieved with a properly-structured Word 97-2003 document. Conversion to RTF
often trades one set of accessibility issues for another.