Thanks Jon,

I am not trying to hide the texts from desktop screen and has screen reader
able to read it - I want the content be available at all time for search
engines, browsers, CSS enabled/disabled and JS enabled/disabled.

I am simply using a simple show/hide script to achieve a visual effect - a
show/hide effect like this:
http://www.learningjquery.com/2006/09/slicker-show-and-hide

The difference is, I use absolute position for hidden div so that when it gets
clicked, the surrounding content, notably, the content below the content from
the hidden div, does not get shifted like the above example show.

I need to move on from this issue so right now I'm forced to declare an inline
display:none for the hidden #mini-cart ID, and this finally prevents the
"hidden layer show through" behavior in IE browsers. Theorically, it's very
unlikely this site will be used by Screen Reader's user or anyone using the
site would disabled the CSS, so the display:none does the trick. But I am
trying to take the accessibility into account, and the display:none will
prevent screen reader from accessing content in the hidden div.

But IE appears to have issue when no "display:none" is used.

jQuery('#mini-cart').hide();
 jQuery('#mini-cart-a').click(function() {
   jQuery('#mini-cart').toggle(400);
  return false;
 });

#mini-cart {position:absolute; width:300px; overflow: hidden}

In advanced browsers and no problem. The "dropdown" at the left top somtimes
does show through if the connection is very slow and the page takes more than
10 seconds to load.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z11rqWBLLuc

In this movie taken from IE7, between 17 to 18 seconds you can see the hidden
layers (choose your tea and tea bag (2) ) shown through while the page is still
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dI9QvAFKoSM
tee