On Sun, Jul 17, 2011 at 9:14 AM, tee <weblis...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I am building a site that must meet wcag 2.0 compliant. A web form has radio
> buttons option, and according to afb.org:
>
> Radio buttons are not supported consistently by all versions of browsers,
> screen readers, and combinations. A correctly labeled and tagged set of radio
> buttons is a very difficult control for users of screen-reading technology.
> If a "choose only one" situation is called for, a select menu is preferable.
>
> Is this a sound advice?
>
> Thanks!
>
> tee

Tee,

does it work with a keyboard only? Can you operate it with a screen
reader like NVDA with your eyes closed? There's a whole lot more to
code-level conformance than those two things, and a whole lot more to
WCAG 2.0 conformance than code-level conformance, but if you get those
two things right then you've made a brilliant start.

Best regards, Andrew

--
---
Andrew Boyd