From: li...@webstandardsgroup.org [mailto:li...@webstandardsgroup.org] On
Behalf Of grant_malcolm_bai...@westnet.com.au
Sent: Friday, July 22, 2011 11:46 AM
To: wsg@webstandardsgroup.org
Subject: [WSG] Google 'Alexander Calder' theme

Hello,

Today's Google home page theme seems to be a very good example of progressive
enhancement. The mobile graphic is non-interactive in IE7 but looks fine. In
Chrome, however, the graphic swings about in response to mouse movements (as
does its shadow, not present for IE7).

Could anyone advise: (i) what technologies were used for this (canvas, etc.),
and (ii) whether it is possible to save a working copy of the page locally in
order to study its function (I've never had luck doing this with Google themes).

Thank you and regards,

Grant Bailey