Hi Mathew,

Thanks for that info which I knew it's public and forever, and I still have my
reason to using the short url when posting link to public list.

Apart from this reason:
Can anyone see my bitly links?
Individual links are permanent by design and are always publicly accessible.
You can see your list of publicly viewable links under the Public Timeline link
in the Manage tab. This list of your bitly links is available to the public at
http://bit.ly/u/[your username]. While the list is public by default, you can
turn off access to this list in the Account section of site by clicking on your
name and adjusting the settings.

Tee