Hey there Marvin,

I understand software like JAWS and NVDA
(http://www.nvda-project.org/) read out the entire screen activity of
a PC (as opposed to FANGS which only reads inside Firefox and
therefore only websites or at least browser based software) and as
such like an inaccessible website that is not coded with screen
readers (in this instance) in mind, then if JAWS or NVDA can't
translate what's on the PC screen then the software is lacking.

But I would of thought Windows with their own accessibility ambitions
would by now of considered their development platforms, and for that
matter Adobe as well.

However I assume you wouldn't be asking this question if experience
suggested otherwise!

What I wonder though is do you really need these advanced software
packages to do what you can achieve with a good text editor? And
wouldn't a simpler tools be less likely to cause issues?

Ian Lloyd in his Sitepoint Book "Build your own web site the right way
using HTML & CSS" recommends NoteTab (www.notetab.com) for Windows
users. It has a free lite version. There appear to be a number of
other free development tools online for Windows users, but by now were
discussing the merits of software and not web standards :)

My other suggestion would be to write to the guys behind NVDA (or join
the forum). They are blind computer developers and likely have some
experience that could assist you.

Hope this is helpful somehow and congrats on the study decision,

Cheers
John Unsworth