On 2011/08/23 15:11 (GMT) Julie Romanowski <julie.romanowski.l...@statefarm.com> composed:

To answer your question - Sticking to standards is not enough.
Accessibility and usability testing are critical. At my company, we have
both an accessibility lab and a usability lab. We have accessibility and
assistive technology (AT) experts onsite who test using various AT, and
who work with actual AT users to identify issues with applications. We
also train designers and developers to identify accessibility issues early
in the design and development lifecycle.

I guess State Farm's definition of accessibility is vastly different from mine. Otherwise, its online banking wouldn't be using text sized in px (12px body on online2.statefarm.com/b2c/mysf/MyAccount) to 40% the size of my browser UI text and 25% the size of my browser's default. And it wouldn't be printing about 12 times the size displayed on screen. I only get about 8 transactions per page printing scheduled payments confirmation lists.

Felix Miata  ***  http://fm.no-ip.com/