http://videojs.com/

a) Flash, with HTML 5 fallback (iPhone/iPad users) and worst case...a link

or

b) HTML 5, then Flash as fallback... and, again, worst case a link

Not perfect, but hopefully covers the scenario you're in.

grant_malcolm_bai...@westnet.com.au
Sent by: li...@webstandardsgroup.org
07/09/2011 02:57 PM
Please respond to
wsg@webstandardsgroup.org

wsg@webstandardsgroup.org
cc

Subject
[WSG] Fwd: Video in web page

Hello,

I would be grateful if someone could clarify the best means of embedding
video into a web page so as to be viewable by the widest range of users
(desktop, mobile, different OSs, etc).

Embedding Flash video is easy enough, however, iPhone / iPad users cannot
view this format and I need to address these users. (I would also like
users of other mobile devices to be able to view the video, but the iOS
issue has been insurmountable thus far).

Alternative formats suffer plugin difficulties. As we know, support for
the <video> element is still patchy.

Has anyone managed to find a way through this obstacle course? If so, I
would be grateful for your suggestions!

Many thanks and regards,

Grant Bailey
University of Western Sydney

This e-mail is intended only to be read or used by the addressee. It is
confidential and may contain legally privileged information. If you are not the
addressee indicated in this message (or responsible for delivery of the message
to such person), you may not copy or deliver this message to anyone, and you
should destroy this message and kindly notify the sender by reply e-mail.
Confidentiality and legal privilege are not waived or lost by reason of
mistaken delivery to you.

Qantas Airways Limited
ABN 16 009 661 901

Visit Qantas online at http://qantas.com