Hi Albert,

Thanks for the thought. One thing I am certain though, it's triggered by
a[href^="http"] and with the padding element.

I only added a[href^="http"] rule at final stage, and before that the image had
no padding top issue. What is so strange is that it only occurs to the even set
of the floated block and in webkit, thus clouded my judgement too and wasted so
much time to find the cause

With this rule intact I need to add display block for grid-items li a.

a[href^="http"]{background: url(icon-external.png) no-repeat right
3px;padding-left:13px;}

Tee