On 12/21/2011 5:54 PM, Thierry Koblentz wrote:
Looking at the demo page, it looks like authors would be better using a
faux-columns technique which would also  remove the need for polling.

Or is there a better reason to go the JS route?

It's easier on the designer and allows for quick changes that would otherwise require redoing images. Don't get me wrong, at various times we still use faux columns, negative padding, and a few other means to achieve EHC. This is just one more tool and, like other tools, needs to be fitted to the right project.

Happy Holidays to you and yours :-)