On 30/12/2011 17:32, coder wrote:
You just aren't getting this, are you Rob. We're talking about what you
do if you don't know there are options.

Again, let me turn this discussion around once more. Explain to us WHY you feel that it's important that your site open links in new tabs, rather than putting the onus on those who advocate leaving it the hell alone and just letting a link be a link (as that's what users will be used to - if they don't know they can right/middle/shift-click to open a new window, they'll experience the vast majority of the web in a single window...and that's how they know it/like it) to explain why you SHOULDN'T pop up a new tab/window.

Or, then again...can we just let this discussion die? We've been circling around the same pros and cons...and as it's a polarising issue and nobody from one camp is likely to convince somebody firmly in the other camp, it's fairly pointless beyond this.

Patrick H. Lauke