On 20/07/2012 17:47, coder wrote:
How can I make a web page appear as the latest version in all browsers,
i.e., perform a cache bypass?  And I don't mean for me - I mean for all
visitors to the page?  Is it possible?
??
Once it's cached in the browser there's not much you can do about it, the browser will store the cache settings at the time when it cached the page and if those settings say "don't check again for a month" then, generally, it won't.

If you want the page to never be cached then you need to set the expiry header. With Apache servers this is quite straightforward and can usually be done in the directory's .htaccess file:

ExpiresByType text/html                 "access plus 0 seconds"

This is example was take from HTML5 BoilerPlate:

https://github.com/h5bp/html5-boilerplate/blob/83f4f281866be1cf7f391738c53c448a5ac658e9/.htaccess#L233

Rob