On 11/07/2014 06:04, Chase Turner wrote:
Hi All,
Hi Chase,

As I am making my way through the user guide for WSJT-X, I followed the tutorial and came across a strange bug(?): as I had to move the Wide Graph/Waterfall Window around, I found that when I resized it while examining a .WAV file, it goes completely blank, removing all decoded signals from view (but not from the WSJT-X Main Window). It does this whether I drag a corner or if I hit the maximize or minimize button in the upper left hand corner of the window.
This is a fundamental property of the waterfall window and the way it is generated "on the fly". Some of the processing parameters of the audio data received are determined by the waterfall width so a change in width requires different processing, specifically the upper and lower frequency bounds of the FFT used to convert the time domain audio into frequency domain data for analysis and display.

Also the graphical data on the waterfall is the derived output of the above processing; so missing parts cannot easily be retrospectively derived.

Other than picking a window size and sticking with it, have I misconfigured my station so that it blanks out like that?
Nothing is misconfigured, that's just how it is. Also it is the same on all platforms, this isn't Mac specific behaviour.

73,
Chase
http://w4ti.com

http://p.sf.net/sfu/Bonitasoft